Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need some advise on Deck Colors

Posted by mea5 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 4, 12 at 15:22

Hello, I am looking for some advise on colors for our new deck. We are replacing the current cedar deck with Trex Transcends. My plan is to have:
Floor - rope swing (matches house wood trim and window trim)
Rails - Vintage Lantern, with black contempory baluster
Trim/Posts- here is the big question????
I love the white but we have no white on the outside of the house. I am not opposed to doing something other than Trex for the posts if they are comparable quality/price.

I need to make a decision in the next few days.
And don't pay attentions to those shaggy shrubs:(

Thank you! I also posted on Decks, but not too much action over there.

Here is a link that might be useful: I like this look

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need some advise on Deck Colors

If it were me, I'd stay away from Trex - I just like the look of cedar/redwood better. Performance wise, other than getting bent/warped boards, which, could easily be solved by inspecting the materials before purchase, I have never had an issue with wood decks. Trex, on the other hand, I have seen some failures (In Oregon, granted, it's more wet, but, Trex says that shouldn't have been the problem). In that Oregon install, some of the Trex pieces actually rotted, and, after only 2-3 years.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here