Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aksbr2007_gw

Remodel

aksbr2007
10 years ago

We are thinking of adding on a large addition with basement (about 1000) sqft. The house is a rental of my parents about 900-1000sqft. It would be a total gut and redo. It has a full basement and we would want to add a basement to addition and tie in together. The house is about 50yr old. The structure is in good shape. The basement is dry. It would need new roof with addition. We would get the house cheap so most of money would be I the addition/remodel. I spoke to bank and it would be a construction loan. Is it worth it to do this addition or would it be about the same price wise to just build new? We haven't spoke to a contractor yet. We would also be finishing new basement. The existing would be storage as the head room would not be enough to drop ceiling and I do not like drywall led ceilings in basement in case we would need to access pipes and such for upstairs. The current house is a ranch and we would be building on single story addition to make 2100-2200sqft total. Thanks for your input.

Comments (2)