Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anybody remember this post???

Posted by phyl345 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 30, 09 at 13:46

hi, i just found a note of mine that i wrote to myself last january ~~ here it is: "bikerdave on the remodeling forum has a great DIY site under "support for overhang on granite countertops"" (originated on 12-3-05!) ~~~

i put "bikerdave" in the search box; got nuthin'

i went to the last page; thinking those would be *old* posts ~ nope ~

was bikerdave a former poster here?

any ideas????

thanks, phyl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anybody remember this post???

I remember several threads on that topic over the years. You might try overhang support or countertop support rather than the screen name who posted it.

o

Here it is:

Here is a link that might be useful: Support for overhang on granite counter top.

o

wow, how did you find it?? ~ thanks so much!

that whole post has a lot of info for me to ponder; i dread corbels (cuz i bang my knees on them)

off subject; BUT how do you find a post that is no longer on one of the 7 pages? ~ as i said above, i put his name in the search box & also the *name* of the post ~~~~~~~~~`how come that didn't do it?

o

I put this text (with the quotation marks) into Google:

"support for overhang on granite countertops"

In most cases, forum postings can be searched better on Google than at the original forum site, if you know one distinctive phrase used in the original posting.

o

inox ~~ i can't tell you how much i appreciate your help ~~ i am SOOOOO computer-illiterate ~ i didn't know quotation marks were necessary to find something on google! ~ also it never would have crossed my mind that using the search box wasn't the way to go about this ~ thanks a million

o

You are welcome.

The quotation marks are used when you want to search for a particular expression, in which words occur in a particular order. Without the quotation marks, the search retrieves all pages that have the words you entered into the search box, regardless of their order.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here