Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gkrizel

Recommendations in Phoenix AZ

gkrizel
10 years ago

I have read 100's of posts on here the past few months and I appreciate all of your advice on so many topics! You all are a wealth of information! After much research I am ready to pick countertops and I am looking for recommendations on a fabricator as well as where to find soapstone and marble in the phoenix area.

Please don't tell me I don't want it because I assure you I do. I have read more posts and blogs than I can count on the pros and cons of both. I have polished marble in my current home and regardless of the etching and some scratches I love it and want to do it again. Considering honed but either way we will have marble.

My sister has soapstone 8+ years old in her kitchen and we both love her counters. Unfortunately her fabricator is no longer in business so I need a recommendation. I also am having a difficult time finding a local yard with soapstone. I have found marble most places no problem- but soapstone I had no idea it was so hard to find. Here's my other issue -the few slabs I have seen here in phoenix are not like my sisters. I don't want to say its not soapstone but its different- not silky smooth like hers it seems more like a granite and I want real soapstone that I have to oil. I would prefer to find it local because I don't want to select it from a photo because of this. Please give me your best recommendations for both. Before I drive my poor husband crazy (although I think its already too late for that) with all this obsessive soapstone talk.

I will also be looking for someone to do some tile work and refinish our hardwood floors if you have anyone local for that as well.

Thank you!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler