Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ktrud_gw

interior doors - craftsman style

ktrud
14 years ago

I am looking for 3 panel craftsman style doors, and wondering if anyone has had any experience with Lemieux doors? We are looking at doug fir doors right now, but because they are a bit expensive we are also looking at primed white doors. These are hard to find in the shaker style!

Any thoughts? Pics? Thanks!

Comments (8)

• macv
    14 years ago

Simpson has what you need.

Here is a link that might be useful: Simpson doors

• macv
    14 years ago

Here is another source.

Here is a link that might be useful: craftsman doors

• ktrud
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks - I have looked at Simpson - for a primed 3 panel door it's close to 300 each....guess I'm looking for a much more economical choice. If you have any, please let me know!

Thanks!

• robinst
    14 years ago

We just installed three-panel doors in our house. I think I paid $136 each and the bifolds were $100 each per door (so for a full closet it was $400!). I thought it was expensive but they really look fanastic. I used a local company in London, Ontario (North Pole Trim) but I know you can special order them from Home Depot (at least you can in Canada).

• Circus Peanut
    14 years ago

Mine are douglass fir 4-panel from Rogue Valley Doors, in Oregon (I got a real deal on somebody's builder's rejected order) -- but when I asked about matching them, my local lumberyard guy says he can get the same quality for much less from a local Maine manufacturer. You might try the old established lumberyards in your area (not the big box stores) to see what's available for you?

• Stacey Collins
    14 years ago

circuspeanut.... which lumberyard? Rufus Deering? Do you know which mill? My salesman at RD had no ideas other than Brosco when I asked him for similar (we're doing 5-panel horizontal square sticking). I ended up ordering some primed engineered doors from HD, which I'd have preferred not to do. I'll need more next year though, so am looking for another source. (You may recall we got our first batch at MBE for a few dollars each!)

• Circus Peanut
    14 years ago

hey Stacy -- yes, it was Rufus Deering. The "door guy" (Ken? Chris? argh, I'm terrible with names) said that if I was interested in Rogue Valley, he thought "Windsor Doors" would be similar. But come to think of it, I can't recall if that was for interior or exterior doors -- ack, sorry. I'll try to find my notes from that convo.

I'm still kicking myself for not picking up more of those MBE specials when I had the chance; I was there when they were first delivered and they had dozens. Bad pic, but mine are the 4-panel style:

• critterfixer93
    13 years ago

In the throes of remodeling including replacing all the interior doors. Found these online - solid wood no veneers over MDF - reasonably priced got them 2 weeks ago and they are gorgeous! We got the 3 panel style w/ flat panels and square sticking -(3 even horizontal panels - I got outvoted on the traditional craftsman 3 panel 1 horizontal over 2 vertical panels)

Here is a link that might be useful: Allegheny Wood Works