Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bcarlson78248

Replacement Window recommendations

We are in the middle of a kitchen remodel, and initially decided we would not replace the two 1940 vintage windows in the kitchen. However, now that we have everything torn out we decided we should reduce the size of one window and increase the size of the other to allow adjustments to the layout. If we make that change we will need to replace them completely.

I want new windows that are painted wood on the inside (same as the old windows), and a durable finish on the outside (aluminum or vinyl?). We will use double pane glass and standard double-hung windows with snap in grids. The side window facing a driveway will be about 24wx42h and the back window over the yard is about 40wx44h. The house exterior is brick over frame and the windows are white on the exterior.

What recommendations do you have for brands of quality replacement windows that won't break the bank? I'm in Northern Virginia, so probably any brand is available. However, to keep the remodel on schedule I need them to be delivered in a few weeks.

Thanks,

Bruce