Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'rebath' or similar ?

Posted by ilmbg (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 3, 10 at 4:03

Has anyone used 'Rebath', or any other resurfacing of a bathtub? If si, was it worth it? There isn't an option to remove the current tub..Tx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'rebath' or similar ?

Look up tub refinishing in the yellow pages. It's well worth it and should run between $300-$400. Our tub has lasted 10 years of heavy use. They can even take care of rust spots, etc. If you need your walls redone, a real tile contractor would be better (and probably less expensive) than the service you mentioned. 5000 to cover the existing? No thanks.

o

Also, make sure to google for some online reviews. Some of them have major complaints.

o

ILMBG,

We’re excited to hear that you are considering Re-Bath for your remodel and hope you’ll give us a try.

Please view our customer testimonials on our Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/officialrebath, as well as in this Advice Box thread: http://www.advicebox.org/home-garden/im-looking-to-remodel-my-bathroom-i-ve-heard-about-this-company-called-re-bath-any-advice.

If you have any questions, please contact Aimee Williams in the Re-Bath customer service department directly at (480) 844-1575 ext. 154 or by email at aclark@rebath.com and she can help you.

Rachael, on behalf of the Re-Bath corporate office

o

I you looking for a bathtub refinisher?

I think Rebath is like Bathfitters where the put the new fiberglass/acrylic over what you already have. I called one of those companies to see what my shower would cost. It cost more than having the plumbing company come out and tear out my shower and put in a new Swanstone base and surround. Plus, if you are just covering up, you don't know what kind of wood rot and mold problems you are hiding.

If you are looking for a new finish on your tub, Angies List is a great place to find a good company.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here