Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellykath_gw

I need some "vintage" guidance . . . . HELP

kellykath
11 years ago

Hi all . . . I'll try to make this brief. I have a very small bungalow that was built in the 1920's, a couple blocks from the beach and has been rented to the same people for 20 years. Tenants are moving out and I plan to do some needed upgrades, but I can't afford to dump a "ton" of money into it as I'm already doing floors, refurnishing it to rent out "furnished" as well as enjoy it myself. Most people I talk to say to keep it close to the "period" or "vintage" with regard to the pink and grey tile on the bathroom walls and vanity. Unfortunately my dad put some new ugly stuff on the floor but the rest is original. It all needs a lot of work so I am planning to have the old porcelain "reglazed or whatever it is one has done when one doesn't want to pull the whole thing out. Should I have the

pink tile glazed white too or would that be a crime? I want to do the right thing for the house, I just can't do the whole thing now as I have the kitchen to content with as well as wood floors I need to get this done so I can rent it as soon as possible. So,,,, I would love opinions on whether to keep the pink tile and pull out the modern crap my dad put in and incorporate something vintage looking to go with it - or redo the wall and floor to have the vintage look?

Comments (5)