Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellykath_gw

adding a little charm

kellykath
11 years ago

I'm doing a reno to a 1920's bungalow and have quite a bit of maintenance issues/updates that need to get done. This is a small 3 bedroom 1 1/2 bath - the 1/2 part is the tiniest room with a tiny corner sink and a toilet. Anyway, I was thinking about adding a few details to make it a little more "charming". I can't spend too much on the "extras" however I was wondering if in a small hallway that leads to a bath at the end and 3 other rooms along the way if anyone has ever installed french doors to the entry of the rooms- I would then hang pretty coordinating fabric on the inside (double sided) so both sides would look good). I would just like to add SOMETHING to give the house a bit of character. The outside windows are not french. So . . . . my question is - - has anyone seen or done something like this or is it not the "right" thing to do. My goal is to keep the vintage look however the cheapo doors that exist in the rooms are going to be replaced anyway. I'm most likely going to turn this place into a rental and want to give it some added charm. I would really appreciate it if you have this situation if you could post a picture for me as well. Thanks!

Comments (6)