Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jjigger

New kitchen cost help?

Macco
11 years ago

Hello All. I�m new to this forum. I�m looking at doing a complete tear out of a kitchen, including appliances. The new kitchen will be L-shaped. The short end, about 7� long, will be a dual level breakfast bar and that section will house the sink, dishwasher and underneath cabinets. The long end, about 11� long, will include the stove, with overhead microwave and both overhead and underneath cabinets.

My preference would be to use real wood for cabinets, probably painted in an off-white color. I don�t plan on needing many bells and whistles, such as glass door inserts, optional drawer inserts and those types of things. I�m unsure about the countertops. Granite would be nice, depending upon how much more that will cost vs less expensive countertops. My estimate is about 27-28 linier feet of countertop.

I�ll do the demo work myself but will hire out the final prep and installation.

I�ve seen some less than positive stories on the net about using some of the big box stores for this work. That scares me a lot. So, I�ll probably go with a small, independent cabinet maker for both the build and installation. The work is being done in a rural area of Pennsylvania.

No problem pricing out the appliances but I have no idea what the cabinet build and installation will cost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments (4)