Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teeboo_gw

Kitchen photo with window to be removed

teeboo
10 years ago

Photo showing laundry room door and 102" wall with kitchen cabinets. Window will be removed since wall coming down between living room and kitchen. Will have 9 ft of windows as well as 3 foot front glass door on front of cottage and 2- 3 foot windows and outside glass door on east side of cottage. Lots of light.

Comments (5)

• millworkman
    10 years ago

Is there a question or are you just showing us what your going to be doing?

• teeboo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Okay this is the drawing that was completed by a big box store but I am not completely happy with it. The first picture posted that folks were questioning shows the window in the kitchen which at this time will be removed. since there are 3 windows on the front of the cottage along with front door(faces water) 1 on the side. The wall will be removed that is between the living room and kitchen. In the kitchen area there is a window not 2 as is shown in illustration and the side entrance door which is 1/2 glass. So there is a lot of windows for this small area and the view out the kitchen window is not spectacular.

Side entrance door cannot be moved.

Please look at the drawing and give me advice. Cottage is small. Plan to remove old cabinets (shown in previous picture) and use an island as divider as well as eating area in kitchen. Will use an antique distressed fold up card table between to chairs that can open for dining, card games, etc. My problem is that I feel like the island is off center that something needs to be to the left of the laundry room door (door open in previous picture. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as we are scheduled to start the first of January. If you can tell me how to download more than one picture at the time, I would appreciate that also.

Thanks, Jenn

• teeboo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Okay this is how I can download several pictures at once.... This photo shows the 54" opening between kitchen and living room wall as well as door opening (which is set back 2 feet 6 inches from kitchen wall. The 54" opening will become 36" opening as we plan to extend wall when remodeling.

• teeboo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This shows the outside of the cottage. This is the front door, 3 windows that I mentioned earlier. When you look out the windows or the door, you look at the water. This is what I want to enjoy when I am in the kitchen as well as my guest as this is a rental property.

• teeboo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Okay this shows pantry moved to left of laundry room door and open shelves and cabinet facing front door.

1. Pantry: Would you put 3 drawers at bottom, pull out shelves behind closed doors above and cabinet above behind closed door or 12" open shelf above pull out shelves?

2. Would you put an open shelf above the laundry room door to connect pantry with kitchen cabinets?

3. Where should I put the trash?

4. Is 40" of walk space around the island sufficient? This seems to be the max that I can get or if you have suggestions, would be greatly appreciated...

If I do not use granite, what surface would you suggestion that is durable for a rental property?

Thanks, Jenn