Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newtotrees1

Front Entry Doors in Seattle Area

newtotrees1
9 years ago

We are in the market for a replacement entry door. It's just a standard size double door, with no transom or sidelights. We'd like to do a woodgrain fiberglass, and we like the standard styles that are available from all the major manufacturers.

We've gotten quotes for Pella's Architect Series, and from Therma-Tru's Classic Craft. For the exact same style, the Pella door is 2x the cost of the Therma-Tru.

I've been reading extensively about doors on forums such as this, and I keep reading about Pro Via doors. I've been trying to get a quote, but nobody seems to sell them in the Seattle/Tacoma area. the only company listed as a distributor on the Pro Via website is Sears Home Improvement, but when I called them it was a really bizarre conversation. First, they claimed my door size was unavailable in Pro Via (which is strange because my door is a standard size, and besides, isn't Pro Via a custom door manufacturer???) They said that Pro Via's fiberglass doors are made for mobile homes (???) and thus we couldn't get one in our size. Finally, they said they'd quote us a Pro Via steel door, but in the end it was only a Legacy (Pro Via's lowest grade product) and it's a special line made only for Sears. I'd be concerned about the quality, and besides, we really wanted Fiberglass rather than Steel.

I even called Pro Via directly, and they gave me a couple of other phone numbers, but these companies actually deny that they sell them. We're so frustrated. Can it be that there's this excellent door that simply can't be procured in a major market like Seattle???

Assuming we can't get a quote for a Pro Via door, is the Pella door really worth double the price of the Therma Tru door? We really don't want to settle and would prefer to find something really nice, but we also don't want to pay more than we should.

Comments (4)