Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oak or Birch Cabinet Selection HELP!!

Posted by stargirl_2008 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 23, 08 at 10:18

I am remodeling my kitchen due to a kitchen fire. I am a young homeonwer and need opinions. I have gotten on my husbands nerves, so I'm turning to you:)

I have black appliances. I have chosen the wilsonart countertop in Milano blaze and flooring made by Earthscapes IVC in pattern Granada Olive. I have narrowed the cabinets down to Oak in color Wheat and Birch in color Fawn, Which one would look better? My kitchen wall color is a called viva gold by sherwin williams (goldish/creamy color)

I would like to post pics, but it doesn't work.

please help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oak or Birch Cabinet Selection HELP!!

Birch is pretty soft and doesn't take stain all that well in the hands of the less skilled. Oak is harder, but it's also not very much in style right now. For those choosing oak, it's usually a more modern darker stain, like espresso, or a craftsman look with quartersawn and red/brown dark color. If you are considering your choices in the light of resale, this may help you. If your choices are for your own aesthetic only, then what a stranger on the internet says will be of no interest to you anyway.

o
RE: Oak or Birch Cabinet Selection HELP!!

Do you like your Earthscapes tile? I am thinking of putting it in my kitchen and can't find any reviews on it. A search pulled up your post. Would love to hear from you and see pics if possible.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here