Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
painting my barn

Posted by eagledove (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 4, 11 at 21:38

ok i have a barn the siding is 1 X 12s the siding hase a 1/4 gap and there is a metal T strip that runs next to it that covers the gap. some of the strips are missing. where do you find the strips? the lumer yard has T strape wind bracing that would work if it dident have all the holes in it. and thay look at me like im the one that dont have a clue what im talking about.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: painting my barn

DS's barn has Z-bar channels but I'm not sure if that's what you're trying to replace.
A photo would help, but the link below may list what you're looking for.

I would call some of your local pole barn builders and ask them for the name of a sheet metal/siding supplier. If the supplier sells only wholesale, the builder should be able to order what you need.
Another option is to take a sample of your strip to a metal fabricator and have it made, but you should be able to find the strip and the color you want in stock.

Here is a link that might be useful: z bars, etc.

o
RE: painting my barn

My barn has strips of wood that cover the gap. Easy to replace and paint the same as the barn. Or a contrasting color.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here