Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ugly concrete wall

Posted by lachase (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 3, 11 at 21:18

My husband just had a slab for a garage built with adjoining ugly concrete walls which look like plain square of smooth concrete. Can I stucco it or do something to make it look nicer or is the sealant going to make that difficult? Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ugly concrete wall

The info below should be of help. Be sure to follow the link in the last sentence that says, 'For more information....'

Here is a link that might be useful: concrete

o
RE: ugly concrete wall

There a million different treatments for the wall. Almost anything you desire. Brick, rock, stucco, paint, vines etc. Anything you do is only going to be as good as the attachment.. For Instance if you go with the stucco the wall should first be roughened so the stucco will adhere. or could be lathed. With brick or rock wall ties should be used. For paint or anything else that will be glued, like a veneer brick or rock, the wall should first be washed with dilute muriatic acid. When you deside what you want then do an internet search and learn how to do it properly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here