Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emc2011

Backyard mess after addition

EMC2011
11 years ago

Hi

2 months ago my husband and I added a large room off the back of our house. After excavation they built the foundation, framing etc. Needless to say therr were huge mounds of dirt taking up what was left of our yard. I assumed they would haul that dirt away... instead i came home from work one day to find that instead they had spread the dirt with its many rocks over our yard, covering our lawn. Needless to say I was furious. But after telling my sister about this, she said it was to be expected because grading

Had to be done and said not to be concerned. Since she is always well informed about home issues etc I accepted her answer. Now two months later weeds are growing in, rocks still everywhere because we dont have the money to put towards that now. I just told my father what happened and he says we were screwed over... that grading should be about a foot from house out...that they should have given us the option to pay to haul the dirt and rocks away.

So for anyone who has gone through an addition or knows someone who did...should I accept this..is it even too late to go after this guy or is this normal after an addition? Thank you!!

Comments (5)