Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Concrete or stone Post Caps for concrete posts?

Posted by wynswrld98 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 28, 09 at 19:19

I want to build 2 concrete posts to frame the entryway up to the front of my home, face them with a stone veneer and put post caps on top with cutouts for post lamp.

I saw Eldorado Stone's concrete post cap and was unimpressed -- color varied all over pieces (tan to grey when was supposed to be grey), quality control looked poor, looking for better quality options but am not finding much on the internet.

Anyone know of any good suppliers/manufacturers of stone/concrete post caps?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Concrete or stone Post Caps for concrete posts?

Thanks. I was in a Mutual Materials today and they only carry one style in 20" or 22" and I'm still not very pleased with it at all. I've seen nicer stuff out and about (not at retailers but at shopping centers/etc.) that has a sheen to it, looks much nicer than the stuff I'm seeing from Mutual Materials and Eldorado Stone and with the sheen I think it would keep its finish much better than the raw concrete stuff which doesn't look good right out of the gate, much of what I see is already discolored, chipped, etc. Not a good start.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here