Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jfarrow_gw

help!!!!

JFarrow
11 years ago

Hello My Fellow Kitchen Enthusiasts!

I am at the installation phase of my kitchen remodel and all of the little decisions are haunting me!

We bought a spanish/mediterranean home which we are contemporizing with white walls, new fixtures and a new kitchen :)

The kitchen is approx 16'x16' with a 6' butlers pantry. Our cabinets will be inset walnut stained in a warm/medium brown. My counters will be honed, crema pearla marble (I know, I know) and my island will be a hard maple top. We are doing a limestone hood surround with a pretty ceramic mosaic backsplash behind the 48" rangetop. The other backsplash areas will be the honed marble slab. The floors are a reclaimed terra cotta 5"x10" brick that I will lay subway style.

My upper cabinets will be glass front so we can have inside cabinet lighting as well as under cabinet lighting. This is where things are getting tricky....

We were thinking of LED pucks for the inside lighting. But they are not dimmable. Does that matter?

Under cabinet lighting is tricky. I really want it to be dimmable. Does that matter? If so, LED is pretty much my only option. But do you think it puts out enough light? Should I recess it into my cabinets? HELP!!!!

Comments (2)