Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calling all Nichiha siding owners

Posted by trec (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 17, 12 at 12:05

Hi All,

We are planning on going the pre-primed route and painting the fiber cement after install. We have a traditional ranch and are looking to use the Premium Shake plus to help add some vertical lines to balance out the long wall. We were able to get samples from Nichiha and all-in-all it appears to be a quality product.

I've been reading about fiber cement siding on the web and on this forum and dh and I are fairly confident we want to use Nichiha. A couple of years ago many of you from this forum chose to use Nichiha.

In general, how is the siding holding up? Has anyone who has it installed in the New England area seen any issues with the variable weather/climate changes? We live in eastern Ma and are concerned about the constant humidity and temp fluctuations (so contraction and expansion concerns) Did any of you install it yourself? Any regrets with going with Nichiha or fiber cement siding?

Thanks in advance for any and all tips, comments and advice.:-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calling all Nichiha siding owners

Hi Trec: Did you end up using Nichiha and if so how do you like it? Any problems?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here