Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please describe the profiles of this door, X-post

Posted by canishel (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 4, 11 at 10:43

Cross-posted in woodworking and remodeling forums.

I'm trying to find a door that matches the other interior doors in the house. This new door will be close to several other doors, so it needs to match. These other doors were common around here (East Tennessee), but the lumber yard went out of business, so I can't call them. I've searched the web and asked the lumberyards/hardware stores/distributors (with photos), so far to no avail.

So now I want to search again using the appropriate terminology.

Alternatively, does anyone know who made or still makes these doors?

Thank you for any help.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please describe the profiles of this door, X-post

I'm sure that you can find fir stain grade raised panel six panel doors in a lot of places. They may be special order nowadays though, and they may not match your existing doors exactly. If this is an older home, a salvage yard might be a place to start. Or you could remove one of the doors from a less visible portion of the home and place it where you need it and then replace the removed door.

o

GreenDesigns,
Thank you for answering. The main problem is with the raised panel. I don't know what to call and to describe the section between the flat raised part and the sticking.
There are two angles, without a step and without curves.

o

the parts of the door that go left to right are called rails. the parts that go up and down are called styles. the one going left to right where the door knob is called center lock rail. the top and bottom are called upper and lower lock rails.

o

Is this your door - Interior 66?

Here is a link that might be useful: Simpson 6 panel door

o

jmc01, no, that's not my door. The panel has a double hip. One response from the woodworking forum says the panel is chamfer raised panel.

FYI, I'm awaiting Tuesday, when everyone should be back at work, to see if TruStile doors are really available in this area. The TruStile website says it is. The diagrams are closest to my doors.

o

this is the profile of the panel, but every door maker has its slight differences.

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here