Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help kitchen layout

Posted by khouriya75 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 20, 14 at 23:09

Hello I need help choosing the right layout for my kitchen I really need help and will appreciate anyone who would help.I like to have an island couples people told me my kitchen is not big enough but I insisted and one person gave me one on the layout,there is also one layout for a peninsula so take a look and tell me what you think is better I am very much open to suggestion for a different layout thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help kitchen layout

Have a look and do some research on the kitchens forum. Then, post up your space, the relationships it has with the nearby rooms, your family makeup and who uses the kitchen, and exact dimensions, and get their help.

o
RE: Need help kitchen layout

You normally need at least 3' (often 3 1/2') to pass on each side of the island. So, if you have 8' between fridge and range walls...you could have an island up to 2' across.

Many people decide to use a movable work table instead, since it often gets too cramped during parties and you can move the table, when necessary.

It's also nice if the table/island has a different surface, such as butcher block, granite or marble...depending on how you plan to use the space. Is it for cutting veggies, rolling out pastries, setting hot pans?

All this should be considered, as well as how you will use the space by the window. If you used an island (rather than peninsula) would there be room for a small table and/or banquette/window seat, under the window? Or would the peninsula seating work better?

Hope this helps. Best of luck with the project! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here