Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shw001_gw

Liquid Acrylic Roofing

shw001
11 years ago

Has anyone heard of this product? ArmorRoof Liquid Acrylic Roofing. You paint on a coat with a roller. embed a fabric into the the material. After it dries, two more coats of the liquid acrylilc material. Available in several collors. Sounds too good to be true. Is it? See link (cut and paste it into your browser)(sorry, I couldn't put hypertex on it)

http://www.armorpoxy.com/roof-coatings-commercial-residential/armorroof-commercial

Comments (5)

• kirkhall
    11 years ago

This is feeling like SPAM!
    Yesterday Brickeye commented on this exact post (earlier in the day) and so here it shows up again today.

SPAM, SPAM, SPAM.

• chibimimi
    11 years ago

I'm not so sure this is spam. It looks like a legitimate question from a long-time forum member who has been participating in discussions for quite a while, including asking for advice on roofing before.

• shw001
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kirkhall. Absolutely WRONG! You sure got me wrong. This is not spam. Just a homeowner and occasional DIYer looking for information on a complex topic.

I did post this on the Home Repair Forum. However, then realized it would be more appropriate in this forum and in homebuilding, especially since I got only one response.

As always, I appreciate Brickeye's response,which are always helful. but still need some more information to make some decisions. It would be especially helpful to hear from someone who has actual experience with the product.

It's pretty rude and senseless to make accusations when you are just going on a hunch or whatever weird mood you were in at the time you clicked your mouse.

• kirkhall
    11 years ago

It wasn't in the home repair forum--it was in the building a home forum.
    Most of the people who visit this forum are also on the build forum.

I'm sorry I tagged you as a spam poster, but I was annoyed that you posted in both, the exact same question, without acknowledging your other post. And, to be honest, the way you posted it in the build a home forum, 7 hours earlier, made me question your post (I never clicked the link--I value my computer hard-drive more than that). It might be better in the future to give a little more background and not just put up a link.

And, Link to duplicate posts.

• energy_rater_la
    11 years ago

not much info on the site.
    no msds sheet.

back in my weatherization days we used
    white elastomeric.
    2 coats, not to be installed when temps
    lower than 60 degrees..50 degrees..something
    like that.
    worked very well when properly applied.
    one coat..let dry before applying second