Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaynees

Backsplash! NO idea what to do!

jaynees
11 years ago

We're FINALLY getting started on our kitchen addition and renovation. We will have black appliances (our old ones - we're not replacing), brand new white cabinets with simple shaker door style, New Venetian Gold countertops that lean toward a dark yellowish tone, and some kind of dark flooring to contrast the white cabinets. We'll decide on flooring once we decide on the backsplash.

We've brought home several samples and are having no luck finding something we like that won't clash in style and color with the NVG counters.

I personally have always LOVED subway tile (15 years ago when my husband and I got married and I moved in with him I was THRILLED that our first apartment had subway tiles). However, knowing that it's a "hot trend" right now I worry that in ten years it'll look dated to have subway tile. I'm sure *I* would still love it, but will potential buyers in 2022 think it screams 2012?

On the other hand, we're not doing the ENTIRE kitchen in backsplash - only the area behind the stove. So perhaps going with subway tile in that area alone will make it cost-effective enough to keep for the ten years we remain in this house and then change out when we're going to sell and move back to NYC?

Anyone know of a tile that might work with white cabinets, black appliances and NVG counters?

Comment (1)