Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aculver_gw

Jeld-Wen Nightmare - Run / Warning

aculver
9 years ago

A recent update on Jeld Wen, they are still having major issues on their vinyl windows. In the winter of 2013 I ordered 30 plus windows for our house and I was convinced to get Jeld Wen premium vinyl windows. Well we got the first few installed and found that we could actually see clear daylight to the outside through the joints in the window sash. Also we began to find many fit and finish quality issues. Many components were under cut or over cut and assembled. Eventually I got in touch with Jeld Wen and their guy came out. He stated it was the worst production he had ever seen and most of the windows should not have left the factory. They gave me the option of them attempting to repair the windows in place or ship me a new order. Eventually after much attempted failed negotiation for them to cover a portion of the installation cost for the windows installed that needed to be removed I gave up and asked for a new shipment of windows and this time contracted the install thru the big box store where the windows were purchased. Well today the installers came and got one window in and the installers came to me with concerns about the quality and workmanship of the window installed and the remaining windows they previewed in the pallet. So now 60 plus windows later they are going back to the big box store for a full refund. Look I am not that picky, I just expect that when the window is closed it does not leak and that the lines are clean. I gave them a second chance and they still screwed it up again.

Comments (5)