Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvn2oxfrd_gw

Pulling the plug on James Hardie: Opinions appreciated!

luvn2oxfrd
10 years ago

Help! I am throwing this out there for opinions. I am terrible at making design decisions. And I am a visual person who has grave difficulties making major decisions without some sort of mock-up first. Alas, I have none of that.

The stucco on our home is failing, buckling and sliding off our house. We are removing it and replacing the front facade with Hardie Plank, probably in Mountain Sage. We are keeping the current brown gutters, downspouts, fascia, etc.

Here are my problems though...

One, I love the high contrast between the dark green and white trim, however, I think the Arctic White may be too bright and the softer shade of Sail Cloth would be better. BUT if I do the Sail Cloth, I am afraid my white windows will make it look dirty?! And will all the brown roof/fascia/etc look ok with the white?

Two, we are keeping the existing aluminum siding on the back and sides of the house until we are in a financial position to change it. However, the existing siding is cream with brown trim. While my property is well wooded and you cannot really see the sides from the front, going from cream and brown to green and white is a BIG difference and I am afraid it will look weird until we can afford to change it.

Three, I am wondering if I should sacrifice the idea of a green house for something more neutral...perhaps in a shade of light brown to match the existing trim and siding?

Comments (2)