Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Putting a mudroom in the garage?

Posted by kirdyq (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 5, 12 at 15:44

Hi everyone, this is my first post on Gardenweb!

We built our home about 3 years ago. I love it, but the one area that I wish were different is our laundry room right off the garage. It is about 8'x8' and it is a great space to do laundry. However, I am dying to have one of those built in locker type systems that seem to be so common in homes nowadays. I wish I would have thought of it before we built! There is a powder room inside of the laundry, and the room, washer/dryer, soaking sink etc are set up in such a way that there really is not room for one.

Our garage, however, is very large, and there would be plenty of space for one of them out there. BUT the downfall of having it in the garage is that it would not be in it's own little self contained room, if you know what I mean. The good news is that we have hot water heat in our garage floor, so there would be no issue with things being freezing in the winter time. My main concern is bugs. Is there anyway from keeping the bugs to a minimum and from getting in our shoes, etc if they are left in the garage? We live in a fairly wooded area on a farm, so it is not uncommon to have wolf spiders and a couple mice.

Does anyone have a mudroom in the garage? Do you like it or not? Do you have any suggestions for my situation? I just can't stand tripping over the shoes and junk while I'm doing laundry anymore!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Putting a mudroom in the garage?

On your other post (in Build) too, but for the benefit of others on this forum:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here