Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
siding on small 70s ranch

Posted by maduto (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 13, 12 at 14:40

We are getting new siding for our 70s ranch. I'm thinking that normal horizontal vinyl siding all over would look boring. As you can see, the house has a small front area, which is the area I'm most concerned with (shrubs in front need to be trimmed..covering red brick) We would like to add a little interest somehow, maybe with shingles or something. Any help would be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: siding on small 70s ranch

Shingles would look charming on your home, either uneven-edge or even-edge. They would give your home a welcoming cottage feel.

Since you already have brick along the fourth or so of your home, it would be best to eliminate that horizontal line at window-top height. Don't change materials there -- keep the siding the same up to the roof.

Are those shutters on either side of the bay window? Lose them. They look silly and far too small to be real.

o
RE: siding on small 70s ranch

Uh, sorry, I meant SHAKES, not shingles!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here