Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barbcollins_gw

Patio Paver help needed

barbcollins
11 years ago

I think I have bitten off a little than I can chew here, in the house we are renovating for resale. The previous owner left behind this mess.

Aside from the problems with it collapsing on the sides, weeds grow up fast. I have sprayed them with round up, and within a couple weeks they will be back over a foot high.

I decided to try to fix it. Started by making a border using landscape blocks (applied thinset to hold them together). Then tried to level off the pavers. Put landscape fabric down to block the weeks and added new sand.

I was going on the theory that anything would be an improvement. But after doing a row I don't think this is worth it. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. (Those pavers are HEAVY). And I don't think the final product will be enough of an improvement.

Any other ideas for a DIY? I am tempted to just rip it all out and seed the area for grass, but I would like to have an area for a patio table etc. The porch is not big enough.

Would you replace it with a deck?

I thought about continuing the border with the landscaping blocks and filling in with a decorative gravel. Would this be a mistake (for resale).

Comments (4)