Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldhousema

Metal casement/mullioned window for open shower

oldhouseMA
10 years ago

This is my first post here!

My husband and I are going to redo our bathroom, most likely with a contractor. Our house was built in 1918, it has an oddly large half-bath off the kitchen that we want to make into a full bath with a stand up shower. I don't want just a regular shower enclosure though, I plan to do a cement or tiled tray with just a half glass wall at the shower head end (so 2/3 - 3/4 closed).

I saw the picture attached and fell in love with the style of the windows used to create this enclosure. I've done some preliminary research to find out costs of these types of windows, but looking for help in finding other places that sell them. So far I've been quoted $2000 - 3400 for ONE window measuring 4'x6' with no hardware or moving parts. This is way out of my budget.

I was originally thinking of going reclaimed, my husband thought that would end up being MORE expensive than new, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I guess I was hoping it wouldn't cost more than ~$500 for some combination of materials for this component.

Any ideas or assistance?

Comments (7)