Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bobby1973_gw

Transition Material between Cedar Shake Vinyl & Regular Vinyl

bobby1973
9 years ago

Hi folks - eager to get your opinions on this one. The attached photo is a rendering of my newly built home. I've always loved the look of cedar shake vinyl siding on the top gable section of a house mixed regular vinyl siding on the bottom of the half of the house. So my initial plan is to remove all that vinyl siding on the gabled roof, along with that decorative vent as well. Then we'll replace that whole section with a dark brown colored shake vinyl. I'll also be mounting a gable bracket to the peak of the gabled roof (flush with outside fascia). My question is what do you think the best transition element would be when going from the shake vinyl to the regular vinyl siding? I want to do something different than just a J-channel. I attached a photo of a Craftsman style home that incorporates some sort of dentil trim molding to serve as the transition, and I really like that treatment. I have a cedar Craftsman style door with dentil molding, so I was thinking that the two would tie in nicely with each other. Looking forward to your thoughtful feedback. Thanks!

bobby

Comments (4)