Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
contractor12_gw

Buying Kitchen Cabinets Online

Contractor12
10 years ago

Remodeling a kitchen is an expensive proposition, when discussing the project with my customers I have to deal with people who are trying to get a gorgeous new kitchen but simply do not have the money. Recently I have been using RTA Cabinets that I order online, note RTA means Ready to Assemble with all the cabinets coming unassembled in a box.

RTA Kitchen Cabinets cost about 40% of the price of semi-custom cabinets that you would find at Lowes or Home Depot and now are surprisingly good quality and meet California Carb2 certification standards. For comparison purposes a mid sized kitchen cabinets would cost around $4,000 compared to $10,000 plus for the Big Box stores.

Assembling RTA cabinets is relatively simple with the typical kitchen taking one day to assemble and a day and half to install, note kitchen installation involves cabinets and trim and an eye to detail.

The selection of cabinet door styles, colors and wood types allows you a fairly wide choice, cabinet sizes are typically every 3 inches and lots of trim and cabinet upgrades are available like glass door frames, crown moldings, decorative posts etc.

Now for the caution, in kitchen cabinet design and installation NOTHING ever fits perfectly you must have basic knowledge of woodworking and have a table saw, miter saw and air driven tools, if you are not comfortable with this buy your cabinets online and hire a local professional. I am attaching a couple of images of kitchens done with RTA cabinets.

I do have a company I deal with but posting it I believe is against the advertising rules of garden web.

Comment (1)