Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lam702

cabinet door glass

lam702
10 years ago

I am planning to reface my cabinets and get new doors. I'd love to get 2 stained glass door inserts. I've seen them done on either side of the stove, and also either side of the sink. The stove won't work for me, as one door is very much narrower than the other, so I don't think it would look quite right. I can do them on either side of the sink (which is also in front of the window) but here's the issue. There is one cabinet to the right of the sink, and 2 cabinets to the left. Would it look odd to just have the 2 glass doors on either side of the sink, but have that other cabinet, on the far left, done in the wood doors? My kitchen is not big, so I don't want to "overkill" the glass doors, just want them as a nice focal point/accent. The wood doors are raised panel light maple. I'd appreciate any thoughts on this. I don't want it to look odd, of course I could just do all the doors on the top in glass, but I think it would just be too much for my small kitchen. The easiest thing would be do all the doors in wood, but if I can get the stained glass without it looking odd, I'd love to have it.

Comment (1)