Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
martinsteve97

Holmes Canopy Construction LLC? Any Feedback?

martinsteve97
12 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I am going to hire Holmes Canopy Construction LLC for my canopy construction needs. One of my neighbors suggested them to me. After talking to their executive, I found them not that much experienced but they seem less costlier than others in the market. Therefore, I am thinking of hiring them but more than money I want quality work and before I go for them, I need to know about them. If there is someone who has ever worked with this company before, I want to hear your comments regarding Holmes Canopy Construction LLC.

Thanks in advance!

Martin

Comments (3)

• handymac
    12 years ago

Nice try, but your English is still not good enough to disguise the SPAM.

• GreenDesigns
    12 years ago

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as to whether or not you are just some awkward spam---which is what the usual case is with someone registering on the same day that they post about a business.

Search your BBB and consumer contractor complaint boards in your own particular location if you want to know if a certain contractor has any past issues. Ask family and friends for recommendations for other contractors for your project. Describe your project in a written scope of work document that you have several contractors bid on, and check the licensing and insurance status of any finalists. Have your lawyer go over the contract that you draw up with the firm to be sure that it protects you fairly, especially with any change orders. Have the contract stipulate a payment schedule with varying disbursements at discrete milestones, and there should be a significant dollar amount due at the end of the project that only you can release after the work is complete to your satisfaction. Only after you have completed all of these steps can you be sure that you have the right contractor for the job. And, the cheapest is rarely the right one for the job. He's most likely inexperienced or getting his money elsewhere and the job will end up being more expensive than it would be if you went with one of the bids from the middle of the bell curve.

• martinsteve97
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Guys,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

I accept that my English isn't good enough and this is because my mother tongue is Spanish not English. I am from Argentina. I also accept that sometimes it makes difference sense to anyone.

I am really thankful to GreenDesigns who shared a very valuable information with me to find a suitable canopy construction company in my area. Now, I prefer to talk to multiple contractors not one to judge who is the best fit for my work. I am sure your suggestions, will really help me finding a great canopy construction company.

Thank you all!

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors