Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replacement Doors

Posted by kge9 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 26, 14 at 9:55

We are looking to replace 3 standard bedroom doors and a bathroom door. We want craftsman style, 3 panel, prehung. We looked at the following:
Trustile MDF - quoted $355 per door
Simpson MDF Ovation - $279 per door
Reeb, Solid wood rails and stiles, MDF Flat panel - $179 each
Lowes Millenium MDF Ovation - $179

The doors are near a bathroom that gets steamy. We are concerned about warping and swelling. We plan on painting the doors and know that it's important to paint all 6 sides. We are not sure which to go with. We are leaning towards the Reeb because of the wood stiles, but we are not sure.

Please share your recommendations and experiences (pros and cons) with these doors.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replacement Doors

In my opinion the most stable and best performing door of that lot would be the Trustile MDF.

o

Here's another;http://www.tmcobb.com/int_firflat.html

o

I would choose the TruStile MDF. The hardwood wedge edge makes it an easy choice for me.

REEB is a distributor not a manufacturer.

o

Thank you all for your responses.

A lumber yard recommended Karona doors. My husband was told that they are just as good as TruStile. Does anyone know about Korona interior doors? They are about $95 less per door.

o

Never heard of them. But from looking at the site and their product info nothing stands out as really good or bad. But if they are $95 less than TruStile there HAS to be a difference. Personally I would ask around more about them, do internet searches, find jobs they have been supplied to and check them out with people who have them installed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here