Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please tell me how to fix this??

Posted by mrsneae (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 11, 12 at 1:12

The picture is of a half wall between my kitchen and Living room. I REALLY want to put a wainscot on the walls in the LR, but I am faced with the dilemma of what to do with this wall section. The cabinetry is visible (as is shown in pic) on the LR side and I HATE that. I love the cabinets, I just don't like how it interrupts the wall. I'd like to wainscot OVER that cabinet section.

Anyhow, like I said, we would like wainscot. The problem is, if we do the wainscot with the baseboard and base shoe, the part of the cabinet where it meets the floor would not line up right. ( I want to cover that cabinet side). Also, on the kitchen side, it if we extended the wall down on the LR side, the kitchen side will look odd because the rest of the cabinetry goes in further.
Im sure this is incredibly confusing, I will post more pics.
I would appreciate any help from those design savants (which I am not) :)
Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please tell me how to fix this??

Basically, you will have to remove the vertical trim strip(green).

Then fill min the toe kick at the end of the cabinet. Make the filler flush with the cabinet front and paint it green at the bottom front.

Then install the wainscoting and a corner trim at the corner of the cabinet. You will also need to replicate the base trim to extend to the new corner trim.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here