Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bea8480_gw

Room Layout Help Needed!!! Bathroom Addition

bea8480
11 years ago

Hi, we want to add a bathroom to the first floor of our house. The only place that we can put it is in the formal living room because there are pipes that are already going to through an existing closet. As a result we will lose the closet. I would like to add a closet somewhere in this room because it is the first room when you walk into the house. I am struggling with the layout of the room because of the windows and fireplace. My first thought was to extend the wall from the bathroom towards the front of the house and build a closet next to the bathroom, but then I would be taking a lot of space away from the room and I think it would look odd. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The box on the bottom left of the picture is the proposed bathroom. It would be tiny 39 inches by 41.5 inches. The grass looking thing in the middle of the wall is a fireplace. The entry way above the proposed bathroom is into the family room and the entry way on the bottom left is to the front door and staircase going upstairs. Right now the room is 11'7" by 19'4".

Comment (1)