Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
layout of kitchen help

Posted by DualvansMommy (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 6, 12 at 22:45

Been a lurker for few months gathering ideas of my kitchen remodel. I've signed a contract with a contractor/designer firm that im very comfortable after several months of researching, interviewing for estimates etc....

currently my kitchen is a very long "wide" galley kitchen with a large eat in area that can hold a table of 6 at other side of my current workspace with bay windows. Contractor suggested we'd bump out our kitchen wall holding existing bay window, wall cabinet, sink window looking out our backyard to increase our space and make it less of a galley feel.

I'm attaching the drawing for your view and would appreciate any feedback/suggestions. It's very early in our design discussions as we won't start break ground till mid/end of sept.

right now, our kitchen is laid out in same way you see in the drawing with exception of the island, french doors (its bay windows right now) and fridge/oven placement is other way round currently. I'm thinking instead of french doors, it'll be better to make it sliding door?? save space as im thinking opennig french door is kinda in way of kitchen table??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: layout of kitchen help

Take this question to the KITCHEN forum. You will have much better, well-researched answers from experts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here