Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dualvansmommy

layout of kitchen help

dualvansmommy
11 years ago

Been a lurker for few months gathering ideas of my kitchen remodel. I've signed a contract with a contractor/designer firm that im very comfortable after several months of researching, interviewing for estimates etc....

currently my kitchen is a very long "wide" galley kitchen with a large eat in area that can hold a table of 6 at other side of my current workspace with bay windows. Contractor suggested we'd bump out our kitchen wall holding existing bay window, wall cabinet, sink window looking out our backyard to increase our space and make it less of a galley feel.

I'm attaching the drawing for your view and would appreciate any feedback/suggestions. It's very early in our design discussions as we won't start break ground till mid/end of sept.

right now, our kitchen is laid out in same way you see in the drawing with exception of the island, french doors (its bay windows right now) and fridge/oven placement is other way round currently. I'm thinking instead of french doors, it'll be better to make it sliding door?? save space as im thinking opennig french door is kinda in way of kitchen table??