Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arylkin

aluminum fascia installed, is this right? it looks bad.

arylkin
9 years ago

Does anyone have aluminum eaves (soffit and fascia)? We had some installed today, and while it looks better than the horrible peeling paint that we used to have, I'm not thrilled with how it looks. It seems like it was nailed on every two feet or so, but the nails seem really conspicuous and the aluminum almost seems bubbled or warped around each nail hole. Is that just how it is, or is it not supposed to be all nail holed and bubbled? I know I've been to other people's houses who have aluminum eaves and I've never noticed and nail holes or warping. Here are some pics, what do you think?

It especially sucks since while it's a real company that we found in the yellow pages, it turns out the guy who came out to do the estimate, etc. is a friend of a friend, so I feel like it makes it especially awkward. I think my husband thinks I'm just being particular, but I really think it looks like crap, so I was hoping to get some other people's thoughts.

I guess I'm going to call to have them come out again. I'm worried they aren't going to fix it. I was gone all day and my husband paid them the balance before I saw it (I don't think he noticed).

Comments (2)