Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So we Argued Big Time!

Posted by desertdance (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 1, 13 at 19:23

Over the pub bar. He won! He got a skinny little stupid bar top, BUT the contractor made a mistake and it needs to be redone.

While waiting for the contractor, DH got a chance to sit at his cheap skinny bar top, and realized Moma was right!!

So I hear him slyly say to the contractor, today, while the contractor is trying to fix the mistakes... He says.. Make the bar bigger! WOW! I won! I didn't even need to shout!! When you are right, you are right! YAy!

They will install the new one on Wed, just prior to our 4th of July Celebration, and that's a good thing too.

Pictures will follow in a week or two.

Suzi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So we Argued Big Time!

Sooner or later, they learn,.. lol!

o
RE: So we Argued Big Time!

Well the just prior to the 4th install was a disaster! They got the granite top in just fine, and then the woodworker came to put a flat molding on the back side of the bar top. He tried to use clamps, but the seams of the granite weren't quite dry, and the entire bar top cracked at the seams! YIKES!! So back they all came... granite guys until 12 AM on Wed night. Woodworker and Contractor at 9 AM on Thursday, AFTER Molly Maids did their thing, which I now had to do while making pies and getting appetizers and dinner ready...........

Our guests were impressed. Me? I was a mess! Tired? Exhausted? Absolutely!

Everyone had a great time, but I was so behind, I didn't get to enjoy my party.............

Still, it says a lot about getting a good contractor who will demand the subs come back and get things done ON A HOLIDAY!

Suzi

This post was edited by desertdance on Sun, Jul 7, 13 at 20:27

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here