Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New siding, old color

Posted by nannygoat (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 6, 11 at 16:29

After looking at many samples and shades of the color I thought I wanted for our house re-siding project, I came to the conclusion that I really prefer our present color. It has been pointed out to us that we will be spending a significant amount of money and will not have the excitement of a "new house look" by sticking to our present color.

Have any of you been through this? If you retained your old color, were you disappointed?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New siding, old color

We replaced masonite with Hardie plank and went back with the same color because that is what looked best with the brick. No regrets there. The siding looks so much better that the house has a fresh look.

o
RE: New siding, old color

That's what we are thinking - that the house will have a fresher look even though there will be no great change. Preparing for this work by pruning back overgrown foundation plantings is already making the front look more tidy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here