Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
source for legacy Acme brick?

Posted by zdufran (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 6, 11 at 16:10

We're adding on to our home, originally built in 1955. It has bright red textured Acme brick, which you can see in the attached picture (ignore the waterfall and look at the brick). Does anyone know if there is a source that makes brick to look like this? I have contacted Acme and they said that they don't have the exact match but might have something close. I was really hoping that someone out there might have old salvaged brick to match.

Here is a link that might be useful: Landscaping with our red Acme brick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: source for legacy Acme brick?

I can't tell from your picture what type of surface your brick has...

I do know that Belden Brick custom makes just about any type of brick one could want. They have done historic preservation brick on some of the Frank Lloyd Wright homes.

We used some of their brick on our previous home, a 1905 4-square. We didn't go custom, but we did end up with a very good match.

o
RE: source for legacy Acme brick?

Thanks for the information, jmc01!

I had an Acme brick representative come by the house yesterday and he determined that they DO still make my brick (or one nearly identical), which is great news! It is called "garnet red barkface," in case anyone else is interested.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here