Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bungalowdreamer_gw

moving built in china cabinets

bungalowdreamer
12 years ago

Hi! New to the forum, and can't find a thread for my question, sooooo, here goes. I want to buy a bungalow that has built ins in the living and dining rooms. They aren't in great shape (painted, broken glass...) and the house isn't architecturally or culturally significant--it's just what I can afford. The dining room's built-ins are on the wall that goes into the backyard. There isn't another entry into the back yard, and I am considering moving the built ins (if that's even possible) so that I can put French doors so I can see and enjoy the backyard--another reason I would buy this house. I am in California and want to take advantage of the weather. I wondered if anyone has undertaken a project like this and was it a) possible? b) cost prohibitive c) destroyed the 'aesthetic' of the house.

This house isn't a true craftsman, but a bungalow from the 20s in okay condition. It doesn't have columns or anything. It's more like a cottage. What's the opinion out there? I like vintage and this time period. So, I feel hesitant about trying this. But, this house is in my price range, has a great back yard, and the nice built ins. One set would just be better on another wall. Opinions? Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH