Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Projects to do in order?

Posted by DualvansMommy (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 12 at 13:22

We've decided to start renovations on our kitchen and expand our existing laundry room to include a mud room. In addition, our siding needs to be replaced, along with back windows which include two patio doors.

Which makes sense to start first? Hubby feels we need to do all of the 3 as our kitchen reno includes a 3 feet bump-out which will affect the siding and all of our windows in the kitchen. He also feels while we're at it, might as well replace our 25 year old deck which is attached to our family room & kitchen. We've gotten a couple of estimates which are pretty pricey considering all the projects involved and am trying to persuade hubby that doing everything isn't neccesary.

Which would you guys do first?? and in what order too?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Projects to do in order?

I'd go with your husband's plan. May as well do it all at once if you can. If you can do any of it on your own, that could save on prices, e.g. build the deck. After all, how much value will it add vs the costs? Why make messes more than once? It's how I'd go about thinking about it.

-Robin (female, despite the sound of my name. Just cause I'm not over here a lot)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here