Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Uneven gap between french doors

Posted by tadr (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 17, 11 at 0:22

We chose Andersen french doors for our remodel and had a contractor install them. There is a gap between the two doors that is wider on the bottom and narrower on the top, and the doorjamb on the right and left sides of the doors look bowed at the bottom (like they didn't shim it out evenly). When we brought this up to the contractor, he said that he would "take care of it at the end of the project as a punchlist item" and didn't seem concerned at all. I am concerned that the doors may need to be completely removed and re-hung for them to be installed properly.. and am not sure if I should trust the contractor and wait till the end of the project, or if I should pressure him to fix it now. Any ideas? How would he even fix this once all the trim is up?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Uneven gap between french doors

Not right---- needs to be fixed before trim is installed.

It is your house and he is obligated to do the work the way you want it done.

o
RE: Uneven gap between french doors

Bad install.
Period.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here