Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baseboards and Casings with Shaker Style Interior doors

Posted by 1801MWC (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 4, 12 at 23:30

We in the midst of a total gut of the house. I really don't like traditional door styles, especially the six panel kind, so we've decided to use either 3 panel or 4 panel shaker style white doors (like shown in below link). Keeping in mind that our style is on the modern edge of transitional, and we have 8' ceilings, what baseboards and casings would you use?

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Shaker Style Interior doors

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baseboards and Casings with Shaker Style Interior doors

Flat casings with an eased edge on one side.

o

I have craftsman style doors and I used simple 11/16" X 3 1/2" MDF boards for all my trim. Then I back banded the doors and windows. It is simple and I like it.

From June 8, 2012

From June 8, 2012

o

We are doing the same thing, installing 3 panel solid shaker doors, but have 3.5 inch trim around a lot of our existing windows that has more detail. Would it be best to match that trim for consistency on the doors or can you mix trims and go more flat and simple on doors? We plan on installing new 5.25 high baseboard that is plain except for one detail at the top.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here