Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seaswirl_gw

Hurricane Sandy reno stalled for 3 weeks.... what to do?

seaswirl
10 years ago

Our Hurricane Sandy reno has been moving along since right after the storm (November). We're close to completion and all through the job, my contractor hounded me to make payments (which I did on a regular basis). Recently, we had a friendly disagreement as to how much I still owed, so we had a sit down and discussed it in depth. He thought I owed $10K more than I did. The next day, he sent me a text telling me I was right and he was SOL.

I told him I was emptying my storage unit as of June 30 and hiring movers to move me back in. He said the job would be done on June 22. That was about 3 weeks ago, and since then, work has stopped. There's still a lot of BIG work to be done, which is already paid for: A.C. needs to be hooked up, new tankless hot water heater, new boiler, granite, ALL the plumbing fixtures and appliances need to be installed.

I HATE controversy and I've been really patient, but today was the straw that broke the camel's back. I called him on Tuesday, and he told me the plumber would be there today and the granite would go in tomorrow. I had a neighbor watch my house all day and NOTHING....no plumber, nobody. June 22 is 2 days away. No way is this job getting done.

I'm so fed up and physically ill. Don't know where to turn.

Comments (3)