Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tron8

Range Hood for Awkward Corner

tron8
9 years ago

Hi there! I am in the middle of renovating my first house and have been getting a wealth of information from browsing around here. I finally decided to register, hoping some can assist me with a small issue I am having!

I quickly drew up a very rough sketch of the corner of my kitchen that the stove will go in. I have a very awkwardly laid out kitchen and the only place for the stove to go is squeezed between a doorway and a main length of counter.

I am trying to decide what kind of range hood will look best in this placement. Option 1 is an under cabinet hood, but I am wondering if the skinny little cabinet on the right side will look odd/out of place. (my sketch is obviously not to scale, so it could definitely look worse in real life)

Option 2 is the chimney style range hood. Issues with this option are if it will look unbalanced having more space to the right of the hood here (over the skinny base cabinet), how to end the backsplash tile at the doorway, and also if it looks disconnected from the rest of the cabinetry.

The circled area to the left of the stove is void space that is the depth of the upper cabinet and has to stay, as it is part of the stairwell behind the kitchen. I could either make it look like a cabinet, as I've drawn, or perhaps I could tile it with backsplash...

Thanks in advance for any input!

This post was edited by tron8 on Thu, Jun 19, 14 at 18:16

Comments (2)