Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Busy backsplash, what kind of counter?

Posted by aimless07 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 18, 14 at 12:27

I found this backsplash a couple of days ago, and I love it. It has more brown than what I thought I wanted. I was originally wanting a granite that was white and gray with some beige and brown. With this backsplash, a creamier color might be called for. But, I don't want the granite and backsplash competing for my visual attention. I wonder if I could do a quartz counter where the backsplash is and than a busier granite for the island? It will be a huge island. Or can I find a granite that doesn't have as much movement that compliments this backsplash?

There is also another backsplash with the same type look and pattern but its all silver and gray so it isn't as busy as what I posted. I would consider that as well. That was the original color scheme that I wanted. It's just the multi-colored backsplash was "talking to me."

Someone suggested to me not finalizing backsplash until the granite was installed. I am not sure about that though. I want to have a plan, you know?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Busy backsplash, what kind of counter?

The kitchen forum will give you more/faster/better answers than here.

o
RE: Busy backsplash, what kind of counter?

With a busy backsplash like that, you will need a quiet countertop. I would suggest a solid-reading quartz counter over granite.

If you love that backsplash, or any busier tile, in my opinion it would be a mistake to pick a granite now and wait until later for the backsplash. Most granites are quite or at least somewhat busy, and will limit your tile selection. It will likely work better if you find a tile and a counter that work together before you place an order for either component.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here