Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glebee

Advice needed please - asymmetrical roof

glebee
9 years ago

We're in the final design phase and would like to hear your opinion on the front elevation please.

Apparently the last owner added on some sqft on the right side without fully extended both sides of the roof. There're two main entrances with a small gable roof above on each side which makes the house look like a duplex, but on the same time distracts the asymmetrical look of the roof.

What we're trying to do now is to take off both entrances and to move it to the middle with a maybe rounded roof- coz we can't match a gable roof to either side of the main roof :-( , to add a dormer on the left side and match the dormer's roof with the long one on the right to smooth out the so obvious even look.

Due to the interior floor plan we can't put windows on the left side of the door so we plan to maybe put on a wall fountain with amber above or have some decorative tiles or just plant some short trees.

I like things to be symmetrical so an uneven roof is not right at all, but we have a constrained budget and re-roofing wasn't part of the plan. DH tries to convince me that about this idea and it's kind of working...I guess it's OK to have a cute/quaint house with characters and if we can work on the exterior painting etc it may work?

Please let me know what you think or any suggestions are more than welcome.

This post was edited by glebee on Tue, Jun 3, 14 at 12:17

Comments (2)